Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Update from Doctor's Appointment

We just got back from the doctor's office and she said that everything looks good and that baby sounds good.

I have been given a few more privileges.

I can go to the baby classes we have scheduled, but while there I can't practice breathing or pushing. She said she heard about a couple that walked out of their baby class because the video of the birth was too graphic. Alan and I looked at each other and told her that yeah, we would need to discuss things such as Alan does not get to see the baby crowning, or really anything below my waist during the delivery. And that mommy/baby bonding can be just as wonderful after the baby has all of the birth-juice cleaned off of him. Ick.

Back to my new privileges - I can do short bits of ironing. This is important because I need to iron the hems on my 2/3 finished crib ruffle.

I can't float in the pool, but I can soak in the bathtub. Well, I'll be able to soak in the tub as soon as the drywall is cleaned out of it. On the way home I asked Alan why he thought it was okay for me to soak in a tub but not float in a pool. His answer was because the doctor is smart and knows that it's never just floating in the pool. There would be stretching to get on the float and paddling and kicking involved and all of those things are no-no's. Good thinking.

I am still on rest. She warned me to not walk around if I don't need to and if I do need to walk I can't go very far. I am also still on restriction from cleaning and carrying. But health-wise everything is looking positive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! Great great great great great. But i would sit down to iron. In fact, i would not iron. i would ask my neighbor who would be only too happy to iron, to iron. And you should NOT make hamburger helper because it's well, it's hamburger helper.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is OK! I was worried about you. You need to take it easy! Enjoy this down time, because there simply is not an ounce of downtime once that baby gets here!!!