Friday, September 12, 2008

News of The Duck

Hospital updates, blah, blah, baby, blah, blah. Here's the post that everyone's REALLY been waiting for.

A Ducky update.







By day 6 Ducky's water is getting a little muddy. And through the bowl, from the side, he looks a little bloaty.

I think it's time to dump the water and see if Ducky will shrink back down. I know I need to do this before the water gets a moldy skin across the top, and it it's already sooo gross.... But sometimes we have to sacrifice and do gross stuff in the name of science.

I'll do it later.
Day 1 -

Day 6 -

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl, glad you are home again! as for the duck--just pour the water out & put new water on him--he needs more time!---I know, as we are growing a cat! he is 2 weeks old & has had many water changes & is still growing--take care!Love, Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

If you think scummy water is gross just wait till that baby detonates in his diaper the first time...LOL

Holding my Breath said...

Per my Aunt Joyce's instructions above, I changed Ducky's water.

Surprisingly, Ducky was not slimy at all. He was sort of porous-like without a hint of spongy. Actually, he could have been spongy, but I was careful not so squeeze him.

As for Angy, ewwwwww! heeheeee

Anonymous said...

i noticed his little yellow detatched bit grew back into him. he is the coolest thing i have ever seen! PLUS he is yellow!
i am so relieved you are home again. I sleep better knowing you are home.
and the hushpuppies were sort of ...uh...well...there is not enough pepto bismol on the cove to rectify their effect ( ** crickets **) ( ** crickets ** ) so basically i saved your life by not bringing any over. THAT'S how much i love you!

Anonymous said...

awaiting more growing duck pictures....