Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Painters are Here

The paint has been bought. Tanya, this wonderful artist friend of mine, came over last night and helped me pick the perfect creamy color for the bathroom. The little square looks great against the tile, but the name of the color has me a little worried.

Orange Foam. What image does that conjure up for you? For me it's Push-up Popsicles that my Aunt Jeannie used to get from the Schwanns man. It should look neutralish next to the green tile.. If not then $15 will fix it.

Is it paranoid that I locked the office door while the guys are working in the bathroom? The key is just a little stick of metal and it's sitting on top of the door frame, so the lock is really not any good at all. But, by golly, if they do try that doorknob they will get the satisfaction of knowing I don't trust them no matter how nice I may seem and they'll get to think I'm a fakey-fake-fake.

My fits of paranoia are random. I wasn't paranoid yesterday when the office door was all open and beckoning and I slept on the couch all non-responsive and drooling. Crap. You know they heard me snoring. How embarrassing.

I get sort of weird once in awhile - like the time I was on the computer at 3 in the morning and thought someone had hacked into my Yahoo account so I changed ALLLLLLL of my passwords for everything. In the morning I couldn't log into anything because I couldn't remember any of the new passwords.

I guess that's enough for today on the strange workings on my mind.

One more thing, now I'm worried that the door won't unlock since I've never actually tried the lock before. Oops. I can't exactly go bopping in there and see it the metal stick works, because that would blow my cover. I have created my own conundrum.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like the term "paranoia," it sounds too....paranoid. I prefer the terms "wonderfully imaginative." This sounds so much more fun, and it is less likely to get me commited. I plan on using "paranoia" along with "temporary insanity" in case I ever have to go to jail for something...
Natasha

Anonymous said...

The push-ups were exactly what I thought of when I saw Orange Foam!!! Pretty scary for you that you think like me!!
Love, Aunt Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...push-up pops...

Anonymous said...

Orange Foam...the first thing I thought of was the barfy results of eating TOO MANY push-up pops at Aunt Jeannie's. Yes dear Skye, I remember all your projectile vomiting. Ugh! Love, cg

Anonymous said...

Well, at first I thought of the ice cream things . But, then I looked over and saw my cat and ...well you don't have a cat right so .....um you know ...hair ball ...you better change the color ! Quick !
Love ya ,
Mom o

Anonymous said...

Oh my.....we are related. I know what side of the family I get it from!! HAHA
Ash

Anonymous said...

Why do I feel as if the words "orange" and "foam" should never be used in conjunction? Orange foam. Orange foam. Orange foam. Nope, they shouldn't go together. Any allusions it creates are negative. Maybe you ought take a picture of the color and blog it; or better yet, provide your fans with a link to the color sample on the manufacturer's website...better for us to lodge customer complaints by.