Friday, September 12, 2008

Hospital 4.1

Good morning everyone.

As some of you know I'm blogging from Methodist Hospital this morning. Yesterday afternoon I coughed and started a little bleeding. They kept me overnight to see if the bleeding would stop. If it does, I get to go home this morning. If it doesn't, well, I don't want to talk about that right now. It's 50/50. I had a little blood this morning, but not very much.

I hope to have the shortest stay on the "forever-and-ever floor" in history. Even the people who bring lunch talk to you like a full time resident. I know that the lunch person will be off until Saturday and the supper guy's shift ends at 7, but it's really more like 7:30 by the time he gets all of the trays returned to the kitchen.

My little nurse last was a man who reminded me of someone from Lord of the Rings. Like those little people that lived in round houses like this:


Or this:

He was just sweet as can be. I could also tell he was working his behind off by the little bits of sweat under his sideburns. My Prwecioussssss.

Thanks Tanya for the link to the neat community where I got the pictures above. Here's a link to The Shire Concept, if anyone would like to look into a different kind of neighborhood.

The baby is doing great. His heartbeat is 160 bpm and he's kicking at the monitors on my tummy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace. Was. Adorable!!! We played outside, she sat on my lap upstairs, she and baby slept by each other and then HER precious walked in the door and she jumped to HIM and totally ignored me. She does this to Alan, too i think, right? I washed her face and combed her hair, and made sure her shoes were clean and neat before taking her back to her bedroom. She was beat, and ate her bone and glanced up when i told her bye because clearly the bone was more important.
Call me at work. Keep me updated. And i want to live in the shire house with the library room.

Anonymous said...

Those are the COOLEST houses ever! I want the second one you posted. I like the semi-gloomy sky in the background...the one above the roof, not you!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

What's the 4.1 about?

kkoois said...

you had a hobbit for a nurse? wow, he was far from The Shire.

Holding my Breath said...

Pregnancy #4, version #1!

Anonymous said...

Was your nurse barefoot with extremely hairy feet? If so, he was definately a hobbit.