Thursday, September 25, 2008

Went to the Doctor Today

We just got back from my appointment and everything is good.

Baby is estimated to weigh 3.7 lbs. He's a total wiggle bop. They tried to see his face with a 3D ultrasound but there was too much fluid directly over his little face making it too dark to see much of anything. We did get a little glimpse and he is so handsome.

My glucose test came back 137. The doctor said that was fine and no special diet is needed at this time. Yay! I still get bread and sugar!

My iron is up from the 31 - 34 range to 37. So even though those stupid red iron pills make sick, sick, sick, I'll keep taking them. It's only for 10 more weeks, right?

Last night I woke up in a sweat with pains radiating from both sides into my belly button. The doctor said those were Braxton Hicks contractions and she told me how to measure them to make sure they were the fake contractions and not the real contractions. She also gave suggestions on what to do to make them go away.

As for my placenta, it's still low-lying. The ultrasound shows that it is right on the edge of the cervix now. It's creeped just a tiny bit lower than it was in the hospital. I'm going to be a little more still this week than last week since the car seat isn't here yet. Hospital rules; no car seat, no baby.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well...so there is a way to lesson the braxton hicks eh? stupid technology came a teeny bit late for me.
I think it is the PRUNE juice contributing to your higher iron count because it is of the gods you know.
sorry sorry sorry about having to not get up as much but incubating is a Very Important Thing. i will bring scrabble heh heh heh since you cannot run away.

Holding my Breath said...

Seriously? You'd torture a girl when she's unable to run away? Please, I beg you, no Scrabble. Please!

Hydrate and walking around was the answer to lessening Braxton Hicks contractions. Oh, and she said fudgie brownies and chocolate cake with thick chocolate frosting also cured BH.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate cures everything. EVERYTHING...

Anonymous said...

Just remember the magic words "My Doctor said..." It'll get you anything! including chocolate frosting..forget the cake. Or lemon jello cake. or chocolate chip cookie dough..or..well you get the idea! Glad to see things are going well. I'm thinking the only hydrating is going to stop BH is if you use margueritas, daquiris, Cuba libres, etc. Of course you can't have them for a few more months. So that leaves walking. To the refrigerator for chocolate icecream....Love, cg

Anonymous said...

arghhh i be bakin up a batch of brownies as soon as i git pointed toward home i be.

Anonymous said...

OK, this is my question. If you are supposed to be more quiet, how can you get up and walk off the BHs? Makes no sense to me!! I am so glad everything is OK and why wouldn't he be the most handsome guy going?! Look at the gene pool.

Anonymous said...

We LOVE you Aunt Skye!
E, M, S, and baby D.