Saturday, September 6, 2008

Visitor From a Far Away Land


Ciara showed up 5 hours early yesterday! What a wonderful surprise! And she brought a huge assortment of couch toys for days of entertainment from both her and Kiwi. I will never need another coloring or puzzle book again. They thought of everything; cross-stich, paint by numbers, a puzzle, paint your own sun-catchers, markers and pens and crayons, a journal...

AND THIS!

I can GROW MY OWN DUCKY!

I can't wait until someone else besides me is awake so we can get a glass of water and watch it grow! And notice it's going to be distorted and have a "slimy, icky texture". Apparently that's part of the fun! Cool!
And Alan just noticed the best Disclaimer of all:

Disclaimer: This toy is in no way intended to represent living people.
Any resembblance is purely coincidental and not intended to harm people.

WHAT????

Thank you ladies. You have made my day and my presents will keep me busy for many hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know everything...the gestational period for growing a rubber duck is 10 days. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that! :)

Anonymous said...

Whenever you or your husband has a chance, I'd like to see an update photo of the growing ducky's progress.