Sunday, August 10, 2008

Painting the Nursery

Today was a busy day. It was the first cool day in forever so we took advantage and painted the nursery.


Grace painted the lower half of the walls, but she is little and needed a nap It was in her contract.

I am pleased to report that I can still get surprised by the previous owners talent in cutting corners in regards to painting.
I was so glad the whole room wasn't the color we found under the switch plates. As you can see they obviously didn't remove the plates, just painted around them. Weirdos.

As well as paint, Alan replaced all of the outlets and the light switches.


We had a handyman come out last week to quote a price on all of the projects around the house that need to be done, but we just never seem to complete. He was supposed to get back with us in a couple of days with a price and an estimated start date. I'm getting used to Memphis Time, which runs way slower than real time. But sadly, due to the handyman's procrastination, he has now cost himself about $490.00.

We - we meaning Alan. I was watching the qualifications for gymnastics - also put up the crib and dresser. I look like I might have helped a little bit, but notice the pillow on my lap with Grace sitting on it. Yeah, me holding that dresser knob was all staged.


Grace was so strange today. Her little body was shaking and if I left her alone, even for a second, she would hide somewhere. I never figured out where she went. Probably to the Island of Lost Toys. She had that look. Anyway, that's why she's on my lap. She didn't shake when she was sitting on me.

I think Alan was getting a little bit sick of getting his picture taken.

This is the new chair.

And finally, for my mom. Look. See? I'm growing quite round. I'm round in the back side, round in the twins, round in the face and round in the tummy! Everything is right on track and I'm feeling really good. Baby is moving all the time and Alan has even felt him once.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color of the baby's room. The new color, not the under-the-switch plate color. What I don't like is seeing you on a ladder. What are you thinking?!!! Are you also running with scissors? Making faces that can freeze that way? Holey Moley! Beeee Carefullllllll!! The new chair should be coming to my house. I love it. Ditto: the bed, the dresser, etc. I'm sooo excited! As a round-ish mother-to-be, you couldn't be any more beautiful! I'm thinking you're looking more like me every time I see you. (Just the face part, of course! You'll never get round enouth to be my body double!) Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

did you notice in the holding the knob photo that grace is like children of the corn? perhaps THAT is why she is shaking?

Love love love my rooms color, and the chair is great1 You ahve the best taste, and you are adorable! I'm so lucky you are my neighbor!Now stay off the %()*()#)( ladder!!!!

Holding my Breath said...

Everyone is so worried and loves me so much!

I promise I wasn't weeble-wobbly at all on the teeny, tiny step-stool. Except for one little second, but I got right off and rested downstairs for a while.

I didn't know the room was going to be blue. If fact, I was dead set against going the typical blue route, but that's the color that hopped into the paint bucket.

Holding my Breath said...

Oh! And I almost forgot to comment on my mom liking the green chair! I'm on my way outside to see the pigs flying and the sky turning purple!

Anonymous said...

P.S. What is that fluffy, furry dead animal doing on MY new chair. Kinda looks like a rabbit or a new doggy friend for Grace Ann?! I don't know whether to be a ooie-gooie coochie-coochie grandma or to be appalled. Illuminate me!! cg

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE the color of the baby's room! And you look so darn cute. How can you be pregnant and still be so darn cute?

And the previous owners of your house must have also lived in mine. You should see some of the crap we've come across while remodeling! Sheesh!

And stay off the ladders. You're going to give us all a heart attack. Crazy woman!

Anonymous said...

Ladders and pregnancy don't mix...are you tired of hearing about this yet? (Besides- that's why you married a tall man.) Also, I commend you on assisting Alan with the paint...but you have no business getting Skalan and yourself high on paint fumes either...windows open or not. Now that I am done lecturing, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Face, twins, belly, backside, and all! We love you!
KNEMSD, The Sears Fam.

Anonymous said...

SO so so so pretty in real life, too! (you AND the room!) You need to post a picture of the sparkly fan pull down thingys!
and word for your mom...it was a HUGE floppy due to being gutless RABBIT on the chair. ew ew ew!
Your daughter, by the way, really IS glowing!