Monday, March 31, 2008

Unfinished Stuff

I seem to never finish projects. I am just horrible about finishing stuff. I get about 3/4 done and poof, I lose interest. I hauled around a 1/4 finished cross stich and 1/2 finished latch hook project for 10 years. 10 years!

(The trick to reduce the self flagellation is to just throw the 10 year old projects away. That way you don't come across them nine thousand times and, in self denial of the worst kind, keep thinking you should finish the damn things.)

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. Here is proof that I'm still sewing away on my bed project. This is the 2nd of 3 panels for the dust ruffle. After that part I get to learn how to cobble together some pillow shams.

(Notice the unfinished woodwork behind me. That was a project from last year)

(Notice also the big fat cowiness that is me. Even if I starved myself the fatness wouldn't go away. All of those stupid drugs that made me wonderfully pregnant are still wrecking havoc on my metabolism.) (Oh, and it's the angle and the lighting, right?)

Grace helping hold down a sunbeam while I sew. See her pretty 80's hairdo?

There is one project I did finish in two days. (I'm sooo proud of myself)! I made the mural go away! Well 2 days and the 2 of years we've lived here. But that doesn't count because the project was never started. Guilt free on a technicality!

We call it The Uninviting Villa (that's the working title.) Notice how the drive is blocked by a huge concrete planter. It's like having poles in front of a path so you can't drive straight down to the fishing hole. And, surprisingly enough, a defense of, "But the Suzuki Samurai fit right between the poles so we didn't know it wasn't allowed" is not acceptable to a ticket writing forest ranger.

Before:

After:

I think it needs a different table.

Grace holding down a different sunbeam. She's my biggie helper.

No comments: