Friday, March 14, 2008

Can't sleep anymore

Yesterday was the last day of most of my awe inducing indigestion medications. No more prednisone or antibiotics. Yay! I do hope that the 81 mg aspirin will kick this headache I have from "sleeping" on the couch.

Being on the bed rest seems like such a lovely thought. Except it's not really bed rest, it's couch rest. And it's same flat on my back position couch rest.

Before leaving for egg transfer yesterday, I gathered up all of the little girlie doo-dads I thought I might need during and extended soire on the couch; chapstick, lotion, remote control, earphones, Gilmore Girls season 7 on DVD and a book. I put them into a gift bag for easy access right next to a box of tissues and a trashbag. After making the bed up with my soft sheets and fluffy comforter, I built a Grace Ann impenetrable pillow-wall, so that when she's up on the couch with me she can't leap down and yip at something on the TV like a damn jackal.

All day I was snug as a bug in a rug.

One little kink, Alan is sickish. He has a fever. He slept a lot yesterday. Even asleep he has ears like a bat. Grace needed to go out and I quietly asked her to go back to sleep and Papa would be down when he woke up. Two seconds later here he comes, down the stairs, scoops her up and out they go. And he's smiling even though he doesn't feel good! He keeps telling me he's not sick. That he is just tired and has a tummy ache from something he ate on Wednesday. 100.3 fever is not from something he ate. I hope he feels better today. It's hard to not hop up and get him drugs or a blanket or just pet and touch and make his sick all better. But forget it! We haven't touched for 24 hrs and we aren't about to start now if he has the plague!

Well two little kinks. It's only 6:00AM and I'm starving. Hungry. And my head hurts. The kind of headache that is what I imagine blood pooling in the back of a skull feels like. I think it's a hunger headache. Maybe I should start talking to myself about going potty and Bat-Ears-Alan will awake from his coma and come make me cereal. Or I could go back to sleep like a normal human being who's on bed rest.

I know, you're thinking that I should just get my lazy butt up and get my own cereal, but forget it. I'll get poked with a sharp stick for not remaining flatish except to go potty and I'm not risking it! I didn't risk the poking yesterday, not even for the Cadbury Eggs just 8 ft away, when Alan was napping. Willpower and fear people. Willpower and fear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.