Saturday, March 1, 2008

Anything to not ruffle

Hi! I want to share pictures of my recent endeavor. I'm sewing a little blanket. (Think I have enough fabric? heeheeee) I'm obviously not sewing right this second. I thought I'd interrupt my fabric cutting and blog about my endeavor because I'm a little scared to start 3 miles of ruffling. I've never ruffled before.

















The blanket pictured below is what I'm making, but in aqua and not the color "I'm Not Really a Waitress" red.





















Here is the fabric I'm using. The two shades of aqua will be the little blanket for the end of the bed and will also be a couple of little pillows.

The light aqua will also be used for the dust ruffle (hence the need for the bazillion yards of fabric pooling around the table).

The two brown fabrics will be three 27 x 27 shams.

The toile pillow is the same pattern as the duvet cover I ordered.
(The pillow is upside down. Sorry about that. My attention to detail is astounding.)
The duvet cover will be here in 6 weeks along with 3 more aqua shams in a silky material.


















Here's me avoiding sewing the ruffle. Hi Mom!

No comments: