Sunday, June 7, 2009

Per a Comment Request....

*Mom, what's the word on the spiders?
*Have you caught any in the sticky traps?
*Did Marilyn put the rest of the traps down?
*Has Shrunken Head gotten one stuck on his ear yet?
*Has Grandma asked where all of the stuff from the laundry room (and I'm sure at least a few spider homes) went?
*Have you seen any more of those 8 legged freaks?
*Have you been bitten and lost a limb?
*Has the garage caved in yet? Off-topic, but inquiring minds want to know!
*Another off-topic, but everyone wants to know if your memory is improving. Tell us all something only you would know so we can judge for ourselves. Make it JUICY.

My last experience with the spiders is that night we found the one in the apple bowl I shook out the bedding, per the bug mans suggestion, and one of those SOB's was in my sheets! It took every ounce of self control to not pack and run! run! run! away from the countryside called Kansas.

The next day I called the much trusted neighbor to find out what bug kill company she uses and she said it was a futile task to kill those suckers. She said to get LOTS of sticky traps and make sure the dogs and kids stay out of them. So I did. And now we wait for my mom's response to the above questions.

I've theorized that they came out of hiding when the boys moved out and took all of their little spider hidey-holes. And then I cleaned out the laundry room further bringing them out to seek vengeance on all of mankind - I mean find new places to hang out and play.

I have nightmares that all of the spiders I've killed come back to get me. Ger-blah! Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

in the SHEETS?!??? argggghhhhhhhh. Know that i would have supported you in your run from kansas.
go get a lawn chair and an iced tea and sit in our backyard. Should be entertaining because the concrete guys are here and the forms are wrong.

Holding my Breath said...

The cement truck just drove in. At first I thought it was a ship passing through the backyard be decided that didn't make any sense.

I thought you fixed the forms for the concrete?

Anonymous said...

we did but when the first guy came in he told jim something and they checked and they were all wrong step wise. i have no idea...i went to work. because it is an ETEMOUK.

James Pickering said...

Skye, your description has had my mind conjure up images of Arachnophobia with Jeff Daniels as the homeowner and John Goodman as the exterminator. Great Movie! And to Anonymous: Do I want to know what ETEMOUK means?

Holding my Breath said...

Jimmy P that movie scared the crap out of me!

And Tanya - I give. What does ETEMOUK mean?

Anonymous said...

i haven't the gankstroest!
hahahha
it's the word at the bottom before publishing (capcha's) and man did it not sound like que lombo? which is something i will NOT translate because it's Not a Very Nice Word. I have a 12 year old brain.