Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Philosophy on Why He's Just Not That Into You Didn't Make a Big Splash at the Box Office (and other truths and declarations)

I finally saw the movie He's Just Not That Into You and I loved it. The book was out when I was dating and, to be completely honest, I wouldn't read it because there are certain truths a girl doesn't want to face when chasing after a guy (or guys) that is obviously not that into her.

In fact, I think this movie shot itself in the box office foot by being so painfully honest that girls wouldn't go see it. And if they did, they told all their girlfriends that the info provided in the movie wasn't true because if they didn't say that then they would have to admit to that same girlfriend that her boyfriend of 7 years was never going to marry them. Or that when a guy doesn't call then he really isn't thinking about you and being nervous, he's just not interested. And hello, what girl wants to volunteer to do that???

And I'm sure word spread like wildfire through the male community that this was totally NOT a date night movie. No guy is getting laid after taking a girl to a movie that gives away all of the Secret Guy Society's secrets except for the handshake. He would have to be an idiot!

I know. I know. There was a book before the movie, but the book doesn't have Drew Barrymore and the "I'm a Mac" guy. And funnily enough I'm totally hot for the "I'm a Mac" guy. It's okay. Alan knows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(O.T.)
you are SUCH a good mother! Watching you work with Cortland and his little underwater breathing device was impressive. You're so calming for him when he has that look of panic in his eyes. It was neat to watch. He's going to be one heck of a stable little guy with you and Alan for parents. You should be very proud of yourself, skye. (secret word today...cophe which is coffee in MY language. let's go have some! right now! now now now!)

Anonymous said...

I think that your philosophy is spot on. I just recently saw that movie too and I wish that I had seen it 7 years ago when I had already been with Shaun for 5 years instead of 6 and it was already painfully obvious that he wasn't going to marry me. (And thank God he didn't! I would have been miserable!!!) Glad that I've seen it now when I am STILL dating though. It's quite nice to know when he IS and ISN'T into me. :)

Love,
Alexis

Anonymous said...

is there any way you could give everyone an up-date on the spider story?