Monday, June 1, 2009

Ahhhh, It's Good to be Home

Our air conditioner is broken. So broken, in fact, that Doug, the fix it man can't even give us an estimate until tomorrow because he has to get quotes from the digger drainage people.

I asked our neighbor (hi Tanya!) if we could borrow her box fan for the night since the evenings are still comfortably cool. I set the fan in the window and turned it on, but it really didn't do much. Well not much until my husband asked if I thought it might work better if maybe we opened the storm window, too.

Sometimes I feel like such a ding-dong.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahha! That's FUNNY. That box fan kept me sane all summer in my apartment. At night i moved it to the north window in the living room turning it to pull air thru the house, and with my north bedroom window open and the bed by the window, cool (ha ha ha i was in memphis so i guess it was not really cool) ok so AIR would go across the bed. and in the morning i would switch the fan to the bedroom window so the living room would be cooler. liveable. i hope it helped.
and crapola. i woke cortland up when i brought it over. i felt terrible but man kudos to alan for getting cortie back to sleep in like 30 seconds.

Anonymous said...

He actually woke up again after I got him back to sleep. :(

It turned out ok though. He slept last night "like a baby"; only woke up once and went right back to bed after he ate.

Anonymous said...

you guys are The. Best. Parents. Ever.

ciara crans said...

Bwahahaha! I love Alan (and you)! That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

see, SOME parents go like THIS but YOU guys go like THIS and see the big difference?
you should come and spend the evening here -jim turned on the air and we will not bother the baby. bring grace too. mi casa es su casa

Anonymous said...

i still say you need the air conditioner. we have two. if it was me i would take one. or two. man.