Monday, July 7, 2008

Oops, Flat Grace

"I squished her, and now she's not acting right."

That's the response I gave last night when the emergency vet nurse asked why we brought Grace in.

She was sitting on my lap when I leaned over to get something off the floor. She cried this little whimpery cry, not like her very loud "Ow, Ow, Quit pulling my hair!" cry. When she walked her little back looked like the London Bridge.

It was a little embarrassing though, when the doctor asked what else indicated to us that she was in pain, I had to answer that she didn't jump on us obnoxiously when we got home, she didn't beg for food during dinner and she didn't bark at the dog commercial on TV.

Our little Grace was behaving like a well trained dog and something was obviously wrong.

The doctor poked her, wiggled her legs around, squeezed her and listened to her tummy, heart and lungs. He then pronounced her sore but not injured and suggested I not squish her anymore. A shot of aspirin and $120 later she is almost back to normal.

I just have to remember that my tummy pokes out much more than normal. It's a puppy hazard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you SQUISHED my grandpuppy with my grandbaby!! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Sky-eee, Happy Birthday to you!! Love you my you'll-forever-be-my-baby-even-when-you're-100 baby!! Love MOM

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that our family is not the only family in the world that wierd accidents happen to. I'm suddenly feeling strangly normal.

Just chock this up as the first (in a long line of many, I'm sure) incident where baby injurs puppy and puppy doesn't act right for a few days. I think most of our pets are irreversably brain damaged at this point....

Now, along with those encouraging words, I'd like to wish you a very HAPPY 35th BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

HapPy bIRtHdaY! WeLcoME hOme!

Holding my Breath said...

Mom - I can't believe I squished your grandpuppy either!

Angy - I can only aspire to your family's level of wierdness. I wish we lived closer as I love the way you handle even the strangest situations. I am in awe.

Miss Two-Five-Seven (I think those are the right numbers) - I'm glad to be home too. Thank you for taking care of our home. And for putting the grill cover on. It's like you can read my mind. Except I've been sending that particular request to Alan. Oops! Signal was too strong and it floated to my neighbor. I'll be more careful with my psychic skills.

Anonymous said...

I also got an overwhelming urge to eat the lime pop in your freezer. Why oh why did you not send vibes to eat pop TARTS also?