Monday, July 21, 2008

A Glimpse Into My Head

Some truths that have been pointed out to me, about me:

1. If I don't eat at regular intervals, I get cranky. Some call it possessed or demon-like. Bah, I choose to call it sensitive.

2. It is never good if I call you Doodlebug. When confronting someone who has hurt or angered me or made me cry, I apparently call that person Doodlebug . It's a subconscious thing and I never noticed I did this until Missa pointed it out.

3. I disappear if I don't feel good. Poof! If no one hears from me for a while, the people who love me most come searching.

Well I hadn't been feeling good, which explains the week long lapse in blogging. I had heartburn so bad I couldn't sleep. For the last week I'd been up at 4 o'clock because I just couldn't lay in bed without hurting. Of course sitting up hurt too, so that left me with, well, nothing. Today was the last straw. My heartburn was so bad it made me throw up. Repeatedly. Gross.

Alan went to the store tonight and got me Pepcid ac. That stuff is a miracle drug. Except for the sleepwalking to the bathroom, I think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! You call me'doodlebug ALL the TIME! I have tried to look back over all our many encounters and i have decided it is because i am apparently using up all your air. Don't worry cutie, I will go and get an oxygen tank and strap it to um...JIM'S back and he can walk over with me but he will have to stay outside so i will need a Very Long Hose...and then i can come and play with you and Grace!!!
Thanks for yesterday. Nuts are not as intense when you can discuss their nutness with someone.

Anonymous said...

Heartburn sucks. I remember the heartburn and sleepless nights. I pity you, oh how I pity you! It will all go away one day and you'll have a precious little baby to show for it, so it's worth it. But it really sucks now.

And don't believe the old wive's tale about the baby having a lot of hair if you have heartburn. That's a bunch of crap! :)

Holding my Breath said...

Two, Five, Seven, We can totally steal Perry's air tank. This will be so cool. A Millbridge Caper!

Seriously, I can't remember ever calling you Doodlebug. Well maybe Sunday when I found out Alan and I were possibly overdosing you kitty...

Well just know if I've been calling you Doodlebug then the meaning of the word must have evolved to a term of endearment. I adore you and you can do no wrong in my eyes!

Holding my Breath said...

Awww, Angy. Don't disappoint me. I was hoping that the baby would come out super hairy like Grace Ann.