Monday, July 21, 2008

The Many Flavors of my Birthday

Friends were over a couple of days after my birthday and look what they brought.


This cake is two cupcakes under the fluffiest mound of frosting hair. Kim helped me eat as much as she could stand. I ate as much as she could stand plus about 2/3rds more. Sadly, some of the cake had to go to waste. I couldn't eat the face. I just couldn't.

This cake was made by Carroll and consisted of yellow cake with a layer of chocolate sauce, strawberries and whip cream. It is one of my very favorites! And wouldn't you know it I forgot to take a couple of slices home with me for later. I was kicking myself at breakfast the next day.


My mother-in-law's cake was the cake I regret grabbing a couple of extra slices of the very most. It was chocolate fudge with fudge frosting, rolled in fudge topped with fudge sprinkles. In my state of utter awe, I completely forgot to take a picture of it. It was so pretty it was almost hypnotizing.

Alan got me an assortment of desserts for my birthday. I love him the very most because he couldn't choose just one. No picture of those either. They were gone too quick.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Poodles and Noodles. My favorite! especially with frosting on it! Did you go right for the soft little underbelly or did you just rip off its fluffy fur? I'd do the fur first, of course. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

MMMM, those look really good. You are such a devil for posting food pictures. Shame on you.

Holding my Breath said...

Mom - I went for the fur of course! I kind of had to shut my eyes when eating. How did I eat all of those fun birthday cakes you made me without crying? What is that word you use that means to give feeling to inanimate objects? I still do that.

Angy - Mmmmmmm, cake.

Anonymous said...

anthropomorphism-assigning human characteristics to inanimate objects or animals...or inanimate animals, if you prefer.
Since the cake IS Grace, it should be called Maltese-o-Meal instead of Poodles and Noodles. Love MOM

Holding my Breath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holding my Breath said...

My mom is the smartest person in the whole wide world. She just beat out Tanya and Alan and a guy named Furqan with the Maltese-o-Meal thing. I am so proud to be her daughter!