Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Joys of Home Ownership

A good friend recommended we try to have the washer repaired before buying a new one. (Thanks James)


Repair Guy came and diagnosed that the timer needs to be replaced. He said he would call with the estimate for the part. I explained to him that if the part costs more than $200 I get a new washer, and then I bribed Repair Guy with cookies. Alan laughed at me the whole time, even after I explained that the whole Cookie Bribe Caper would be more effective if he would leave the room for a little bit.

And he just kept laughing...

Just in case you thought I was kidding about bribing Repair Guy:


According to Repair Guy the washer was not manufactured by OAF (Old as F***) as I previously thought. It is a GE Model # WCSR2070TCWW.

As for the dryer, Repair Guy moved it about 4 inches farther from the wall and said that the vent hose was kinked and no wonder it was drying the same temp on all settings. We're probably lucky there wasn't a fire.

Fluff Dry!


Now the good news! Everyone who comes to visit will soon be guaranteed a very clean towel! (Make anyone else wonder what they were getting before??? heeeheheeeee)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies look delicious...can I have one?

And I love the picture of Grace in the dryer. Cute as a button!

Anonymous said...

Don't suppose the after using your crappy washer or the hotter-than-He!! dryer for 3 years you were so used to smelling dirty and burnt clothes that my Wonderful Washer and Dutiful Dryer washed things so well you just didn't recognize that it's the way clothes are supposed to smell. Maybe it wasn't Pregnancy Nose at all...hummmmmm
(see June 8 post) Love, Your Un-insulted Mom

Anonymous said...

RE your last photo. THERE'S your problem with the dryer, Missy.

Holding my Breath said...

cg - You are a detective of the 1st order! An you may be right! So, did I ever smell like a burnt Pop-tart or piece of toast?