Sunday, May 18, 2008

Veet

I found out that the little blonde hairs on your thighs, the ones that always get missed when shaving, because they are little, and blonde, actually do have a purpose. They are there to keep your legs from sticking together when you walk. I used to have SPACE that kept my legs from sticking together, but that was BP. Before Pregnancy. heh

I know now that these hairs have a purpose because I effectively removed them today with this:

The box says to leave the product on 3-6 minutes. This is the same type of stupid instruction that's on hair dye. It takes 5 minutes to apply the crap, so when are you supposed to start the timer? Both treatments are super-duper time sensitive, yet the manufacturer comes up with the most vague, useless wording. These instructions are there to prevent chemical burns and baldness! The manufacturer should be a little clearer.

I got carried away. Back to Veet.

I stuck my leg up on the counter and kept testing the same little hair waiting for this stuff to work. When it came off, I started scraping as fast as I could. I wanted to get the hair-meltie-stuff off my legs as fast as possible because I still had my girlie-bits to attend to. Yes, I applied it there at the same time. I was afraid of taking too long on my legs and cause my labia to melt off. How would I explain that to the doctor tomorrow at my appointment?

Like when I used to dye my own hair, I skipped the step that said apply a test spot 24 hrs before smearing all over your lower half - just in case a mind numbing rash breaks out. I mean in case of irritation. These directions are very low key. So far no itching, but the night is young. I just hope a rash waits to happen after I climb in bed. I love feeling freshly skinned legs on soft sheets. It's been a long time since that's happened. Poor Alan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming everything came out OK...I really hope it did. How embarrassing that would be to explain to your doctor!

I got stung by a wasp right there on my sensitive girly parts when I was pregnant with Austin. Don't ask me how because I haven't the foggiest. I have a history of getting stung in strange places. Anyway, I was hoping the swelling would go down before my next appointment so I didn't have to explain to my doctor what happened. Very embarrassing. Story of my life.

How are you feeling lately?

Holding my Breath said...

The wasp sting happened during your short stint in the nudest colony, didn't it?

I'm feeling good. I will feel much better when I quit throwing up. I just want to eat my egg sandwich in piece!

I've followed your warning and have avoided peanut butter sandwiches. I have eaten peanut butter apples, but I figure the apple slicks things up a little to prevent choking.

Holding my Breath said...

...eat my egg sandwich in peace, not piece. I wish we could edit comments.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you corrected that...it bothered me...LOL