Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Little Catch-up

The visit with my Mom and Anton went great.

We went to a baseball game and watched the fireworks afterwards. Of course the Redbirds went into triple, quadruple overtime from hell, and I was just rooting for either team to win by the time 11:00 pm rolled around.

The concession stands closed after the 9th inning and I was starving. Alan kept checking to see that I wasn't passed out under my chair, along with the drunk guy named Ian who was sitting in front of us, from hunger.

The fireworks were worth the wait.

I am currently hanging out in the big KS with my Mom. It's so relaxing here. I made meatloaf and asparagus for supper and, um, yeah. That's about the extent of the excitement! It's a wonderful, wonderful place in this little corner of the world. If it weren't for missing Alan and Grace I would just stay forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long will you be in KS? I'll be in Emporia helping my brother move the weekend of June 20. You probably won't be there that long. Have fun with your mom!

Anonymous said...

you better NOT be there that long or wrist cutting will prob. ensue.I cannot take you being gone Very Much Longer you know.
You know the word verification at the bottom? Mine looks like a word you know who would say, HAW!
and i have a story.i HAD to acknowledge her as the way things are going she could end up as my boss someday.
me-hello
her- well HAI how are yall doin?
me-fine. how are YOU doing?
her-ahm gud howz jiem doin?
me-fine. how is (husbands name)
her-oh heees GUD
Big.
Long.
Pause with lots of blinking.
her-howz______'sdoin yall heardanythingbouthow ______is doin?
me-no.

it was sort of pretty darn funny.

Anonymous said...

i think we will both be going to the farm tomorrow. ask your hubby and grace (who had her bow) about doof, and now i am to bed. please come home. there is no salt here. everybody misses you.

Anonymous said...

deer mawmie u come hom rite noew! luve grase an vontweeenkleee