Thursday, January 21, 2010

35 in a 50 every single day

Anyone who's talked to me while I'm driving down Germantown Pkwy knows how annoyed I get at all of those jackassed Memphis drivers who go 35 in a 50. It's like that every. single. time. I drive down that street. I'm not kidding! It drives me nuts! Tonight I decided yelling GO! MF'ers! doesn't work no matter how loud I yell it.

So, if you can't beat crazy, then join in the party. I'm going to roll the windows down and wave my hand out the drivers side window princess style while, every 50 feet or so, chuck handfuls of cheap candy out the passenger side window. If they want to drive like their in a freaking parade, then, by God, I am, too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of candy, I suggest using bombs. Takes care of your frustration and gets rid of the slow drivers, all in one fell swoop!! cg

angy said...

Well, at least you're not bitter about it....

Anonymous said...

Skye,I love you:) You absolutely make my day! When I come home from work and am in the depths, I read your blog, fall off my chair laughing, and suddenly everything looks brighter.

You save my life every time you write.

Love, Aunt Jeannie

Holding my Breath said...

Thank you Aunt Jeannie. You always say the nicest things. I love you.

Anonymous said...

ok. try driving down freaking poplar when 1. a few lights are out 2. international students learning to drive in their cars with the "new driver" signs stuck in their back windows thus hiding their blind spots and traffic behind them are out in full force heading for school 3. accident in the intersection blocking three lanes 4. some barbi doll driver really involved with her big ol hair SPRAYING it while driving down the road 5. and mlgw thinks hey why not close a lane of traffic NOW during the most busy time of day HEADING WEST?
NOT. A. FUN. MORNING.
kiss cortie for me! loved his pajamas yesterday morning!!!

Tara Smith said...

rotfl!!!!

ciara crans said...

Ahhh, the vision of you turning Germantown Parkway into a parade makes me giggle incessantly!