Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Experiment

I've been searching message boards and googling trying to find out how a person can tell if they are leaking amniotic fluid or if they are simply piddling a little in their pants. Not having any children yet, I have no idea what human urine smells like. Now I could tell if, say Grace, were piddling in my britches. Her pee, I know.

After a couple days of research I know that it's probably not amniotic fluid because the baby is still very active. Still wanting to be sure, I have looked into ordering the special litmus paper to measure the ph level of whatever a woman happens to be leaking. Only problem is it's rather expensive and you have to order it and then wait for it to come in.

But wait! I then read that the dip strips used to measure the ph level in a fish tank will work. Now Alan doesn't have any fish tank dip strips because Memphis water is pretty perfect. BUT we do have swimming pool dip strips.

The ph level didn't register correctly, but I do know, for a fact, that I am not leaking chlorine. Go me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! You crack me up! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Skye, you are hilarious!! I love you:)

Anonymous said...

Too much time on your hands...rent a movie for crying out loud!
N.

Unknown said...

TTTTTWWWWWEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!! Everybody out of the pool!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are a freakin' character! I just laughed/snorted so loud that other people in my office laughed in response. Wow.