Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Dad

I would watch movies such as Home Alone I and II, and City Slickers, and chuckle quietly to myself. These silly movies were okay, but nothing special. And then the holidays would roll around and I'd get to watch those same shows again with my dad. It was like watching a completely different movie when I watched with him.

Now he was not a man to chuckle quietly to himself. Oh no. His laughter would start out as a little tee hee hee and gradually grow into this huge giggle-fest complete with tears running out of his eyes! His laugh was completely contagious. Pretty soon the whole room would be laughing and half the people weren't even watching the movie. He was so fun to be around.

A rare picture of my dad in full laugh mode! (Please ignore the baby trying to drink beer. It was a different time back then. And I'm sure it's apple juice anyway.)


I'm watching The Money Pit right now. I don't know if I ever watched The Money Pit with him, but when I see it now I get the giggles that sound just like his. Complete with tears and an occasional snort.

Isn't he handsome?


Almost every picture I can find where my dad is making this happy face has my mom in it. Go figure!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I have tears running down my cheeks. love cg

Holding my Breath said...

No crying! It's such a happy memory. I'll give you an extra special big hug this weekend.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I cried when I saw these, too. I miss him. I miss you. And I miss my dad, too.

Anonymous said...

Me likes your papa

Anonymous said...

I never saw pictures of your dad with such dark hair -- and so much of it -- before. It makes me both laugh and cry to see these posts, Miss New Mama! Congratulations all.