Monday, October 13, 2008

The Baby Class Teacher is Funny

Tonight the baby class teacher tried to make me feel better by telling us that a baby measuring 5.9 lbs at 33 weeks does not necessarily mean we will having a big headed baby. She said that the head size of the father is an indication of the head size of the baby.

When she said that I looked at Alan's head and thought that it looked awfully big to me. But Alan assured me that his hats always fit a little loose.

She said little girls should be taught at a young age to set their sites on men with tiny pin-heads.

She also said that ultrasound estimates can be off by up to 1.5 lbs. That made me feel better until I realized the 1.5 lbs can go either way. But at least I've been assured that my husband has a pin-head and that it only looks big because of his hair. Phew. Disaster averted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did you stroke the pin-head's ego when you got home! Forget about the ultrasound, Dr. said that Elijah was barely 7 pounds...he came out 8lb 7oz two weeks early! I guess that falls into the 1.5 either way though, doesn't it. May God be with your pelvis and other parts.

Holding my Breath said...

Tasha - You're so funny! Bless your little heart, Elijah had his daddy's head, too. That's why the next three seemed to just fall out so easily. Elijah had already primed the pump, so to speak.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

In my opinion...it doesn't really matter much how big that baby's head actually is....that first baby is going to feel like you're squeezing an elephant out of an eyedropper.

But, of course, my first baby was 9lb 1oz, so that may have something to do with it....