Monday, September 7, 2009

Skye Day

Alan took Cortland to Grandma's today and I get to have a Skye Day all to myself to do with what I want. Ahhhh! I feel lighter already without a diaper bag hooked to my shoulder.

Granted, the most amazing thing is to wake up to a little face smiling because he sees his mommy and wants to snuggle and play. But now they are gone and I have a vast day ahead of me of doing whatever I want.

I had breakfast with the most amazing man. His name is Andy and he's from the UK. He is a engineer of DNA equipment ad owns his own business. He he used to be a truck driver, but it was such a boring life and, he said, as he watched many of the other drivers have heart attacks and die at 60, he did not want his life to pass like that.

Andy said that the TX heat is much like India.

The rest of my day is going to be filled with playing with my girlfriends, but for the next hour I'm going to revel in silence and the lack of responsibility for another human life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Skyzie!!! Have a fun and wonderful day. You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

skye day skye day! yay. i had pancakes with real maple syrup in honor of skye day.
tell alan the fish are happy and getting plump as little fish balloons. actually they say glib

Anonymous said...

What have you been told about talking to strange men???! Was he cute? bring him home to mother..she's lonely...lol

Anonymous said...

when are you coming home? you should come home. The fish have been crying so much their tanks are all wet.
Go to cheeseburger and watch the cat movie of the broccoli eater.

And, NEW OWL this morning! Barred owl, and he is magnificent! He's so loud he's scarry!