Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lost People

About the time I feel like an adult I get hit with old insecurities that I had as a kid.

I wonder if I'm a good enough friend to people who have supported me through so many good and bad things. I wonder if I listen with the impartial ear that others have given me. I hope I have given advice only when asked and been non-judgmental when everyone else has judged.

My mom once told me that no matter what she is ALWAYS on my side. Always. That's the kind of person I try to be to my friends. Right or wrong I am always going to be on their side.

I've lost touch with so many friends that played a huge part in my life at one time or another. Scott Hobson and Erin Turner were my best friends for many years, but I don't talk to them anymore. Life has a way of going on and people seem to get lost in the shuffle. I think of them every day and wonder what they are doing and thinking. What they would think of the adult I've become.

I recently called an old friend and we're going to see each other this weekend. I can't wait to see her and her wonderful family. I don't know how we lost our relationship so long ago.

I'm not feeling regret so much today as hope that maybe some of the people I lost still think fondly of me and that bridges haven't been permanently burned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

stop it. you are depressing me and i am too sick for that today. cheer me up! right now! Or i'll get all corshi on you!
still lovin those words man
and ps you are the best friend i have ever had and i am old so i know more than you. you couldnt be more perfect.

angy said...

I still consider you one of my best friends. You'll always have a special place in my heart, the part that just specifically for Skye. And I'm one your side, too. I love you!

(Besides, we both have enough dirt on each other to NOT be on each other's side! LOL)

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how one woman can have so many wonderful traits and be such an amazing friend to so many of us. We love you dear!
N.

bridge said...

I am so glad I get to be one of those who is blessed to have you on my side, even when I'm wrong, foolish, and/or reckless. You are sunshine in my life. Sad that others have lost touch and don't get to have that in their lives, too. Maybe someday they'll join us at the poker tables and bring the cigars! ;) Love ya, girl!