Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pictures

CORTLAND SAYS HI!




Cortland is scooting all over the house and, like any new stage, it's taking me a little bit of time to adjust my schedule to his new schedule.

My mom came to visit last weekend and we had lots of fun. We played on the floor and walked around holding baby's hands and ate lots of mushy food. We also got 9 month pictures taken. Cortland's Grandma C will get to see Cortland in biggie boy clothes for the first time ever. He looks so grown up. Those pictures will be ready for pick-up on Aug 10th and I'll be mailig out little hellos after that.

Cortland loves to take baths.


Tanya caught this picture of C with his nose pressed up against the glass.


Practicing walking with his Papa.


Grandma makes the best fruit smoothies! (and p.s., blueberries really do come out the other end blue)


My mom is doing good. At her last appointment the Dr. said she was improving.......

***** There is this ringing I keep hearing on and off. Remember the little camper that came to the elementary schools for hearing tests? It sounds like a tone used to test your hearing. It's sooo annoying! Grace doesn't seem to be bothered by it, though. Wonder if it's in my head?***

....improving on schedule. Her memory is still sometimes a little fuzzy, but not on important things. She doesn't have to put post-it notes on her forehead or anything like that.

Let's see, I've been spending lots of time knitting. I made a few scarves and a stroller blanket so far this summer. Right now I'm trying to learn Entrelac and it's kicking my butt. I'm bound and determined to figure it out. If anyone has any tips please let me know. I'm stuck on square 5.

Fan and Feather pattern with Noro yarn


Stegosaurus Scarf


Pattern is Circles and Stripes Stroller Blanket from itty-bitty nursery by Susan B Anderson

6 comments:

angy said...

Skye, you are so talented, I'm so jealous! And the pics of Big C are adorable.

Anonymous said...

wow! just WOW! Your knitting far far surpasses mine. ANd you learned so freaking fast. you are the master!
and the pics of cor.are terrific!

Anonymous said...

hey! i just noticed how PERFECT your stripes are on the blanket! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!
The colours are so pretty.
that secret word is REALLY funny today.anomicat. like latin! Quorum méritis anomicat.

Anonymous said...

You & Alan are such a GREAT parents!! you have so much patience with the little buzzbomb! And he is such a cutie, and so smart..just like his GM..lol i'm so proud for you for learning to knit and for doing such a stellar job of it!! You really never learned to take praise too well, that's why i'm proud "for" you, cause you won't admit to being proud of your deeds and talents! I love you!!! mom

Anonymous said...

and did ya'll see that CABLE on the blanket edges?It is like the word of the day...perfeta

Anonymous said...

I really like all the knitting projects you made especially the stroller blanker. Everything is so well made. Is one of them in the offing for my Christmas present?? lol Cortland is as sweet as all my other great grandbabies! I love the way he smiles. The love shines from his eyes when he looks at this daddy. He is doing really well with crawling. Do you think it will get him on the Olympics swim team in the butterfly stroke??? lol Wish I could get him in my arms and give him a big hug!!! You are such great parents! I love you all...Grams