Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Project Down, 50 More to Go

I started and finished my final sewing project. And I returned Tanya's sewing machine before the motor even cooled. I think I'm set to not sew again for at least 10 years.

My new motto: If it can't be tacked up with duct tape then it ain't worth it!

Cortland now has the most satinest, softest blanket in the whole wide world. And as a bonus, if he doesn't like it, the blanket will make a great Grace Ann blanket. (please don't tell her it's a hand-me-down. She already feels like the red-headed step-child.) The reverse side of the blanket is some soft velvety kind of fabric. It just makes me want to wear it on my head all day everyday like a scarf so I can rub my cheeks all over it.

And I totally agree with my Aunt Jeannie that ruffles are the worst things to make!


And here is a picture of the prettiest never been used nursery. The animal pictures at the top were taken by Alan's Uncle when he and his wife went to Africa and slept in trees. I need to get a few more of his photos for the walls. And lookie at the red sweater. Tanya made that. Isn't she talented?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the blanket is really pretty on camera, too! You're so talented, Skye. You can do ANYthing!!!

Anonymous said...

NOT kidding, the word verification is toeman...heheheheh, C's room is pretty too. Funny how IT doesn't look cold and covered in snow like other pretty's.
N.

Anonymous said...

You're hired. Make me a blankie!

J-Mom said...

I love to sew. Just never find the time for it. That's funny---I love making ruffles, I didn't know it was a dislike.

That is an awesome nursery...let us know when it's been used:)