Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grace Has a Death Wish

Grace Ann almost died today.

Grace grabbed my turkey sandwich off the coffee table and before I could get it away from her she had snarfed down almost all of the meat. I managed to scoop up the bread and cheese, but the turkey was a lost cause.

I knew something was wrong because usually after she does something all dog-like and bad, she hides behind the toilet, so that by the time I find her I will have forgotten that she's been a bad girl. But today she came over looking all guilty and tried to crawl in my lap.

I picked her up and took her into the other room so I could hear her breathing. Or, in this case, not hear her breathing. While I was trying to decide what to do she managed to hork up a 4 inch solid wad of turkey meat. It just slithered right out of her mouth and landed with a splat on the floor.

And because this post is already so very gross, here is a picture of the horked up turkey with a quarter bedside it for comparison. Anyone who has put their fingers around Grace's neck knows how scary-big this piece of meat is. (and anyone who has had to listen to her bark at the tv for any length of time has wanted to have their fingers around her neck!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you know how hard it is to type while laughing my guts out or um...turkey out?

poor little thing! geeeez louise.

Anonymous said...

You were NOT kidding! I can't believe that Grace had all that in her throat or rather I can believe the little piggy could get it in, what I can't believe is that she could hork it out!! Thank Goodness she's alright! cg

James Pickering said...

Jade, our cat, could give her a run for her money!

Holding my Breath said...

Yes, but Jade is 3 times bigger than Grace!

J-Mom said...

Holy Macaroni!

James Pickering said...

Which means Jade's horked-up portion would be 3x as big as that one. Actually, I'm starting make myself sick just thinking about it.

kkoois said...

that'll learn 'er

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I was eating a McDonald's hamburger when I read this. I almost opted for Subway, but after seeing the turkey puke I'm glad I didn't.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! Poor Grace! She needs some real mommy time, I think. Oh, and...Horked...I like that word. I am going to start writing these down so I can have a collection of my own.
N.