Friday, March 13, 2009

I Spent 45 Minutes Picking Up Pickle Pebbles

Anyone who knows me for more than two minutes knows that Grace Ann is a little spoiled. One of her little princess quirks that we have to deal with every so often, is when the grass is wet she sometimes says she's done pickling, but she really just doesn't want to get her feet wet anymore.

Today I was vacuuming in preparation of my moms visit when I happened to suck up a little pickle that was hiding under a chair. Little did I know that the rug I bought was actually a camo-poo design and not the leafy design I thought I bought. Anyway, vacuuming up crunchy poo is not my preferred method of disposal, but what was done was done. I shrugged and finished the room even though I could hear that hard little pickle thunking away in the vacuum head.

Now as luck would have it just when I was finishing up I accidentally knocked the hose out of the back of the vacuum. My machine is fairly powerful and apparently when that pickle was bumping away in there it was being broken up and turned into little pickle pebbles. When the hose came off the pickle pebbles shot from the tube in 30 different directions all over the room. It was like one of those marshmallow guns except the ammo wasn't as soft.

And that's why I spent the 45 minutes picking up pickle pebbles.

ETA: it was just one pickle broken into tiny little pieces. I swear we don't live in the crazy cat lady's house. You know, the one you see on the TV who died and she had so many cats that the corpse isn't detected for 3 years because of the ever present smell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...uh...so. uh...nevermind

Holding my Breath said...

Yeah, I know. Right? Just wrong on so many levels. I can own up to it. Just wrong.

Anonymous said...

Skye, you are too funny. only you could make such a thing so funny..i have never seen an unpicked up pickle in your house. this must have been a very secret pickle time for Gracie, usually if you even suspect she has been prevaricating when she says she's finished outside you follow her around or swoop her up and take her back outside. i think it's her way of letting you know she's knows she isn't Number 1 in the hearts and minds of mom and dad any longer.

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I wet my pants as I was reading this because I was laughing so hard. Thanks a lot, you should be ashamed of yourself. Making a grown woman do that.

Anonymous said...

Instead of a pea shooter...pickle shooter!!!
N.