Friday, January 2, 2009

Fun Grossness

The 1st time I pulled a 2 inch booger out of Cortland's nose I called my mom and told her that when it sort of touched my hand with it's slimy coldness I just about threw up. I told her I was worried that that was more proof that I didn't have the mothering instinct. She just giggled at me and told me to just wait. And now I know why.

She knew that after a bit more sleep deprivation the time would come when boogers would become a thing of entertainment. She was right. This morning, armed with the green Bulb-of-Death, I pulled a 2 1/2 incher out of Cortland's nose and was so excited that I had beat my previous 2 inch record. And it didn't even slap me in the arm. Take that Booger!

I think I need a certificate to hang on the wall. Or one of those wall rulers. Or a computer game with a high booger score. Yeah, that's what I need. A booger game.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would your name be? Kerry uses "Buk" on video games, I think I will start using "stupid video games deprive me of sex" that might be too long so I'll have to shorten it to "svgdmos" looks Ukrainian huh? You could be "bpsopfb" for "Booger Princess saver of Princes from boogers." Not so Ukrainian, more Sponge Bobian! Love You!
N.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You deserve a plaque to hang on the wall! Kind of like one of those hunting trophies...you could have the booger taxidermied and mounted with a small brass plate listing its stats underneath. I mean, just a thought.

Holding my Breath said...

N, you're so funny!

Ciara, that's exactly what I had in mind. You can read me like a book.

Love you both,
svgdmos of the Sponge Bobian Clan

Anonymous said...

You may be the Princess of the blah blah blah, but I'm the QUEEN of blah blah blah. Remember, I had to suck out YOUR boogers and you were the Super Princess of booger makers!! You still may be for all I know, since we don't discuss bodily fluids. MOM

Anonymous said...

That was just so much fun to read about that I laughed out loud! Aren't you glad that you didn't ever have to suck boogers out of my nose? :) Soon you'll have things to discuss with Erin though! They welcomed Nicholas James into the world on Tuesday evening! Hope things are going well!

Love,
Alexis