Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Courtland, MS

I got to play this new game today called Elefun when Cortland and I visited Dian and Elaina in Courtland, MS. This elephant sits on the ground with its trunk in the air spitting out butterflies that you have to catch with a butterfly net. Of course Elaina totally won because every time the butterflies came out I would get so excited I'd forget to catch them. Someday we are going to have that game and I'm going to make Cortland play it with me for hours. Mwhhhh-haaaaa.

Elaina just turned four and is the cutest little girl. She fell in love with Cortland and always wanted to hold him by herself.

Cortland was crying a little after he ate and she must have listened to everything I said because about three hours later when Dian was holding him and he was fussing, Elaina promptly told her that "she just has to make a bubble."


Elaina never did get that Cortland is a him and not a her. When left alone with him for a few minutes Elaina managed to sneak a pink bracelet on his arm. After that she and I went off to see if we could find a tiara and some princess shoes small enough to fit the baby, but sadly we were unsuccessful or we would have a picture of him with more than just the jewelry. Dian just kept shaking her head saying Alan was going to have our heads on a platter.


And a random picture of Grace and me taken by Kiwi a few weeks ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corie(or rather Simon) has that Elefun game, so when you come up, we can play!!! To heck with waiting for Cortland to get big enough to play!
Love, Aunt Jeannie

Anonymous said...

I can see it now: Skye and Alan playing Elefun and Cortland sitting in his bouncer crying cause he can't play. Poor Baby!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how chubby Cortlands cheeks have become! How bout the cheeks on the other end? Chubby? Not? Mom

Anonymous said...

Why is my baby sleeping and no one is holding him? gmc

Anonymous said...

Rachel got the Elefun game for Christmas a few years ago. When she was telling us what she wanted she said, "I want a blue elephant with butterflies coming out of his nose." I'd never seen it before so I was shocked and elated when I saw a blue elephant with butterflies coming out of its nose in the store!