Saturday, February 23, 2008

I ordered my covers!

When Alan and I were in Dallas in January I found the bedding of my dreams. Of course, like anything that you yearrrrnnnn for, I would have had to sell my soul AND Grace's soul to pay for the privilege of sleeping on bedding designed for the angels.

Thanks to Carroll and her superior camera phone, I have this image to carry around with me to fabric stores all over Memphis looking for a substitute.


















Tanya and I wandered into the 2nd store and right there in front of me Was. My. Bed. There it was! I sat down, pulled out my picture and held it up for comparison. My Bed!

I ordered the
Bella Notte toile duvet cover in Champagne (which is the color of the toile duvet in the picture), 2 Aqua Linen Embroidered Shams and 1 Aqua Satin Sham. Oh, and I got to take home the little toile throw pillow that matches the duvet cover.

Tanya and I found fabric at Hancocks to make a pretty little aqua blanket for the foot of the bed. We're also going to make two brown
euro-size shams and a dust ruffle. I'm thinking an aqua satin dust ruffle. We still have to find a crinkly white satiny fabric for the bed part. I don't even need a full beds worth; just enough to cover up the wrong color sheets we've already made just-right-soft by the many hours of use. The satin will be like a dickey for the bed!

Alan really likes the bedding. He likes that it's not red toile and he reaaallly likes that I'm so excited about it. (We have a deal, he looks like he's enthralled in my fabric talk
as long as I promise not to yammer on during the Memphis vs. Univ of TN game that's on TV.)

Now I just need to find a color to paint the walls. Not aqua. Maybe? What do you think? You know I'm totally leaning to beige. My walls always end up beige or olive. So predictable.

No comments: