Sunday, October 28, 2007

I was born in Kansas, I was bred in Kansas...

I sent the following email to Gene - the man who came up with an ingenious marketing ad in the 80's to sell the ambiance of Kansas. Ahhhhhh, Kansas!

Dear Gene,

Thank you so much for creating the Ah,
Kansas! ad campaign. It was brilliant. I am still singing the song 20-something years later.

I hope you can help me with a little dilemma. I am searching for the Ah,
Kansas! ad song so I can let my husband hear the whole song and can't find it anywhere.

This song filters into my head and, apparently, out my mouth on a regular basis. The problem is that the song coming out of my mouth is:

Dun dun duh duh dun duh dun dun dah AHHH KAN-SAS!
(repeat this line over and over and over)

The issue now is that this same version of the song is now coming out of my TX-born husband's mouth, too. I guess I sing it a whole lot more than I thought.

I found the lyrics online, but my singing just can't do the song justice. Do you know where I can get a copy of the original ad with the lady singing the Ah - Kansas song?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Skye
I hope I hear from Gene soon.

ETA: The link to Gene's reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some pictures of the new bushes. The landscaping is about 1/2 finished.

~~Technical issues uploading the pictures. I'll get back to them later~~~

If any of the planting crew are reading this -
BRING ME BACK MY GARDEN HOSE YOU POOP HEADS!


No comments: