Monday, October 29, 2007

Ahhh, Kansas!

I got a reply! I got a reply!

From: Gene
To: Skye
Subject: Re: Ah - Kansas!
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 07:42:13 -0500

Hi Skye!

Thanks for your nice comments. Where did you manage to find the lyrics? The jingle production company calls that "Ah Kansas" that is stuck in your mind "the hook." Once you hear it it's hard to forget.

It has now been 25 years since it first went on the air in 1982! I plan to play some of the various versions on my Saturday morning radio program in the coming weeks. If you live in the Wichita area you can hear them on the air again or on the podcast. I will try and attach an mp3 file of one version to this e-mail. Please let me know if it works. Bet "the hook" will get even your Texas born husband singing along!

all the best, gene
Gene is my new bestest friend in the whole wide world. The mp3 did work and I got to sing my song with all of the words and everything. And oh, how Alan is singing along! AHHHH KAN-SAS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! You crack me up! I can just see you and Alan singing "Ah, Kansas" together now...and I haven't even heard the jingle. :)