Friday, September 21, 2007

hCG injection

Big needle. Big! Other than that, I think the hCG shot went okay. My poker-partner came over Monday, 9/17 at 9:30pm since my shot was to commence sharply (haha) at 10:00pm.

My poking-partner and I have since reunited. She is more comfortable with the needle stick now that she's gotten used to the initial poking. She said she just finally got over the idea that poking a person is anything like poking an orange. I didn't argue with her logic. I need someone to needle my backside for many more weeks!

Anyway, back to the big night. This night is the start to the finish of this whole protocol. It's a very important night. 36 hours after the shot, I go to egg retrieval. 3- 5 days after that, it's off to have those little eggs popped back into my person. Sounds so simple. *sigh* That has been my mistaken assumption through out this whole process.

So, my lovely assistant arrived at the scheduled time to find me staring at two vials and a really flipping big needle! We decide to finally watch the video detailing how to give the shots as we neither one can remember where in my hip that BIG needle is supposed to go ,or how, exactly, the liquidy stuff and the powder were be to mixed. Maybe things that should have been thought of yesterday.

We pop the movie into my Mac and... nothing. I hit keys and look like I know what I'm doing and... still nothing.

Okay, we're not giving up. Into the DVD player the disc goes. By now it's 10 till 10. Yeah, this stupid disk only works on my husbands PC. Of course he doesn't have speakers - which I'm usually quite pleased about because he plays this shoot people game that I imagine is loud and annoying.

I digress...

It's now 9:58 and we still haven't watched the video.

Being free spirits and not very good time managers, we wing it. That's right. The most important shot and we wing it.

I didn't bleed. None of the drug landed on the floor. And according to the pregnancy test I took the next morning that my husband was sent out to get that night (just to make sure we didn't completely botch the job) we managed to do the shot perfectly. And it ended with a Hello Kitty band-aid. Everything ends well with Hello Kitty.

Did I mention my husbands headphones only work out of one side? It wasn't pertinent to the story, but it did give me a good Christmas present idea.

No comments: