Sunday, September 16, 2007

Crazy Meds

Crazy Meds. That's what they should call this stuff. Lupron and Follistim are horrible, horrible crazy lady making medicines.

1. I'm now 10 lbs heavier.

2. I can't seem to keep a single thought or idea in my head long enough to act on it.

3. I cry with minimal provocation. Gilmore Girls finale reaired and I sobbed like I lost my best friend. Granted, I sobbed the first time without all of the extra hormones, but the 2nd viewing shouldn't have been so traumatic!

4. I'm about to cry again just thinking about crying during the finale. I can't believe we have said our last goodbye to the town of Stars Hollow. No more Sean Gunn and his odd little concave chest. No more Babbette and her gnomes. Love him or hate him, there is no more Luke.

5. My tummy is bruised in allllll these little circles.

6. These stupid drugs have my emotions so out of wack that I'm missing the friendship of someone who I really cared about and who hurt my feelings this year. Someone I've decided to have minimal contact with due to the unkind, unfeeling words that were spoken in such an offhanded manner by the offender. Why, you ask, would I want to put myself in a position to be hurt again by this past friend? Only thing I can come up with is that I'm reaching for the feelings of a simpler, less stressful time. Or, I'm an idiot. You pick. I vote the latter.

7. Did I say emotions? Well it goes both ways. It's like a roller coaster in my head. If I'm not crying, I'm giggling like a fiend.

Hopefully tomorrow I will find out how much longer this will go on. Fingers crossed. Besides, this is all worth it in the end. And I do love all of the scientificness of this process. Mr. Shivley would be so proud of this instilled curiosity! He's my 7th grade science teacher. Now I'm to google him to see what he's up to. I got to meet his daughter once many years later.

I better get this posted before I wander off - again.

No comments: