Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Grace Came Home a Little Lighter

Grace went to the vet for a teeth cleaning today and returned without her front right canine and the far back right tooth. She isn't feeling to good right now.

Grace

We were told by the vet that, without her front tooth, it might be impossible for her to keep her tongue in her mouth and may end up looking like this.

NOT Grace (yet)


WORST CASE SCENARIO

If that happens everyone has to promise not to laugh at her or tell her that she looks a little squirrely. It will hurt her precious princess feelings. (No worries, we can laugh when she leaves the room.)

A funny little thing happened when the vet came out to talk to me about removing her teeth. She handed me her pain meds and also a huge box of needles and a vial of B12 to inject, she said, for some colon issue. When I told her I wasn't aware of any colon issue she looked at me like I was a nut and said she would review the chart and be right back.

While she was gone I looked at the paperwork, felt all the blood rush from my head and loudly exclaimed, "Oh my God, this is the wrong pet!" Grayson/Grace Ann, Cat/Dog, Meh, close enough.

The front desk lady looked a little startled but handled it great. She went to the back and got the vet and everything was straightened out. It's not like they removed the wrong patient's kidney or anything.

When I left the vet said that she hoped to see us again and that I didn't call and request my pet see anyone but "that crazy blonde doctor".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Gracie!! Hope she feel better soon. PS Are you going to request the crazy blond Dr??

Anonymous said...

Even if her tongue does hang out, she'll still be grace and a princess. Heck, she's so cute, she might even look jaunty!
I'm glad (bigger picture) the vet found the problem. The alternative (death) is not acceptable.
I have velcro-that could help...

Anonymous said...

that second picture looks like mah cuzzin earl