Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My How the Mighty Have Fallen

We passed our queen sized bed on to a friend last week and this week Kayla, my niece, and her son are visiting. So yesterday I called Sleep Experts to see if they keep twin mattresses in stock.

The conversation went very much like this:

ME: Hi, please tell me you keep twin beds in stock.

ANDREW: We keep twin beds in stock.

ME: The WHOLE bed. Frame, mattress and that one thingy. You know the square thing on the bottom. Ugh, can't remember what it's called!

ANDREW: Box spring. The whole bed. Right here. In our store.

ME: And that tiny, skinny little bed will be less than $300 for all of it, right? Because really, how can something so little cost that much?

ANDREW: We can work within that price range...

ME: But not a crappy one because how horrible of a hostess would I be if, not only did I make my guest sleep on a balance beam, but a HARD, LUMPY balance beam.

ANDREW: It's a good bed. I promise.

ME: Yay me! You'll still be there in ten minutes when I get there? You? Not someone that I'll have to go through this all over again with? Promise?

ANDREW: I'm here alllllll day...

ME: See you in 10!

(Still wondering if he tried to sneak out the back)

And that's how I became that annoying fool I'm forever rolling my eyes at, tootling down the road with a bed set hanging out of my trunk with the hatch tied down with bailing wire and duct tape.



















**************************

And in other news we will have one of these to put together on Friday!


The foster parenting classes are moving right along. We will be finished with training the middle of September and then we'll have a homestudy and (hopefully) licensing.



No comments: