Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gymnastics

After watching the women's gymnastic competition tonight I got to wondering when it got so flippy. I remember watching the 1976 Olympics and deciding then and there that I wanted to be one of those girls. I wanted to be Nadia Comaneci and that was all there was to it.

*I know, who remembers stuff from when they were three? I remember that and so many other things from early, early. I was shocked to learn that many people don't have recollections that far back. Who knew?*

Anyway, so I'm sitting here with Alan and sucking in my breath every time one of the girls jumps or flips or flops and think, "I don't remember it being so scary." I almost broke a needle getting so worked up.

My curiosity led me to this website and a history of the Uneven Bars. If you get a chance take a peek. The video called Uneven Bars Developments (50s - 2010) is cool - if you're into this sort of stuff.

And yeah, did you catch that Alan watched with me? All of those times of sitting quietly through basketball games and it's now PAYBACK!

No comments: