Saturday, January 14, 2012

So, what do you do?

We went out tonight with Jaqueline and David to an art show that Jax's was a participant in. While there a very handsome artist asked me "So, what do you do?" Hell, I was floored when I couldn't come up with an answer. What do I do? I ferry my kid to lots of therapy. I knit. I write a blog - sometimes. But what else do I do? I feel fulfilled. I feel busy all the time. But what do I do?

For most people the answer is whatever their job is is what they do. David said I should have said I was in textiles since I make fabric. heh. I love him.

3 comments:

Brightfield Farm said...

You so should have replied..."OBVIOUSLY more than you, dumba*s.

Holding my Breath said...

Awww, can I just say how good it makes me feel to have such a wonderful friend ready to slay dragons in my honor?

But I don't think you need to get out your sword yet. I took it as we were at a small gallery opening and he was just being polite and showing interest in what art I may do.

I don't think he meant it to be a question that spawned an internal question inside of my own head.

I love you for loving me, though.

jacq said...

textile/taxi/referee/jokester