Thursday, July 7, 2011

Talking Back

Cortland has been doing great with his therapy. While in KS for 2 weeks he mastered M, P, O and B. This week our homework was to use Bee and Bow and Bye and Boo if Bee and Bow went good. It's not going so as good as expected. I say, "Say Bee." and he says, NO, NO!" and runs away.

I've tried everything I can think of. Say Bee before opening the back door. Whatever. He then just doesn't want to go outside anymore. I drew a bee on the milk carton and tried to get him to say Bee before he could have milk. He thinks I'm crazy because Duh, that's obviously milk and not a bee.

I've tried playing find the bee in the book. I've put bees in the trains. I've tried singing silly songs. I've buzzed around the house with him looking at me like I've gone loony on him.

I know he can say it because he has said it with his grandma. But he's not applying it to an actual bee.

Forgot to mention he has a motor-speech delay. He understands everything we say, he just can't get his brain to make his mouth talk back.

5 comments:

Brightfield Farm said...

I forgot who told me their bambino had the same problem and that he grew out of it and has no problems as an older kid. This doesn't help you much especially since I cannot remember The Person...Try to stay positive, it'll be ok. In fact it will be okey dokey. Can he do 'f's ? Jim and i were working on a project last night and i had to tell him a color number. DAMN! It was f4f...i had to hold up fingers. Try to have a happy birthday. We are all pulling for you all.

Anonymous said...

You're doing great...soon he'll be bee-ing all over the place! He'll drive you crazy bee-ing around! You'll wish he'd never heard of a bee!! All in good time. Just wish I could be a fly on the wall while you're buzzing around being a bee...the mind boggles... Love to you all, cg

Brightfield Farm said...

maybe he is AFRAID of beeeeez and you could do a LETTER B. maybe.

Anonymous said...

bet if you leave it alone for a day, he'll suprise you with saying BBBBBBBBB!!! He's 2 ya' know! lol
Wouldn't want to do what the mommy wants, now would we?!

Brightfield Farm said...

I remembered who it was! Angel. Her daughter. She probably has a lot of tips if you called her.