Monday, July 25, 2011

The Case of the Reappearing Fallopian Tube

Today I'm home from the hospital. Some might know that I was pregnant, but few know that Saturday Alan took me to the emergency room with abdominal pain. Yup, another ectopic.

Wish I could remember the name of the dr who did my 1st ectopic surgery and what he actually removed when he said he took out my right fallopian tube because, funnily enough, that's the exact same tube that was removed Saturday along with my right ovary. WTH? Dr. Wells also tied my left tube while he was hanging out in my insides Saturday so we won't have to mess with this again. He called it retied since it looks like that was what the dr from my 2nd ectopic basically did which he called repairing my tube.

Alan and I weren't trying or preventing getting pregnant. We knew there was a big chance that getting pregnant again might mean another ectopic. But we didn't think it through very carefully. We didn't think all the way through what an ectopic might mean. Death to the mother. Shit. We just thought as far as another baby.

I thought getting my remaining tube tied would be sad and feel like giving up a dream but it isn't. It's such a relief, knowing I'll be here for my son and husband who are my world and not dead because I waited too long to get to the hospital and bled to death.

My mom is here taking good care of me and Alan has been within touching distance at all times. I am so lucky t have such wonderful friends and family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet Skye, I am so glad that you are safe now. I have worried since your mom told me last week. I was so scared for your life. I know how much both of you want another child and how your heart is broken. BUT--I would like to hug that doctor who disabled your other tube. Cortland needs his mom and how sad it would be if you had not gotten to the ER in time Sat. I love you so much, and Alan and Cortland too. And your mom.
Love, Aunt Jeannie

Brightfield Farm said...

Um...don't worry about that first doctor. He is SORT of in the pool with SORT OF a rubber band wrapped around his neck and um, looks like his leg was cut off and ooopsie i think his unit got bit by an angry cat that smelled sneeker pee just there. No worries. i love you THAT much!

Holding my Breath said...

We love you too Aunt Jeanie.

Tanya, ummm, little worried that I just misunderstood the dr 18 years ago and don't think he was trying to be malicious. Benefit of the doubt? Maybe? Yeah, me either. Hearing you have had a whole fallopian tube removed is pretty hard to mishear.

Andi and Kurt said...

So sorry to hear this and so glad to hear you're healing. Let your family take care of you and so thankful to know that you will be able to take care of them soon.

Brightfield Farm said...

MAYbe what he said was, my JALOPY N it's LUBE job was MOVED to next week, and you were scared and THOUGHT he said your fallopian tube
was removed...did you have an earache that day? It was long ago, maybe you do not remember having an earache...are you saying you want me to fish the little guy out of the pool and take off the rubber band?