Friday, August 20, 2010

New Meds

Before you get an antibiotic for a UTI, urine has to be tested.

Before you get antibiotics for an infection, your blood is tested to see what meds will work on that specific infection.

But what kind of test is done for anti-depressants? What would happen if Alan, who doesn't need anti-depressants, takes Prozac?

I went to the doctor yesterday for a backache and while there I expressed concern that Celexa wasn't working for me the way it used to. I was perscribed Pristiq and was told that it has the seritonine reuptake inhibators like Celexa, as well as norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. But what does that mean in layman's terms?

I just want to feel better. I want to not take 2 hour naps everyday. And I want to WANT to do dishes and fold laundry and take care of the house and my family like I used to. I want to WANT to leave the house and meet new people and do new things.

It seems that more people than ever take some kind of anti-depressant, but how do the doctors decide that someone needs to be on something like that and how do they know which drug to prescribe and how much to prescribe?

I also had a million vials of blood drawn to find out why my hair is falling out. I'll let you know what's going on with that when I find out.

Right side:


Left Side: My hair is growing back in whispy little bits; not like it was before.


On a positive note, because of these pictures I've decided not to dye my hair anymore. It's kind of a pretty color, isn't it? heh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it IS looking way way better now skye! Are you taking vitamin D and a B complex? Stop. Eating. Processed. Foods. Right now. NO! Put the pizza puff down. Now slowly back away from the pizza puff and nobody gets hurt...

Anonymous said...

http://www.philiptreacy.co.uk/
go here. These hats will cheer you up! They look like dr. seuss hats and some are beautiful! they will make you smile.

Aunt Jeannie said...

I know exactly how you feel. Tired all the time, grouchy all the time. Sleeping doesn't help-nothing does. I have to find a doctor-mine moved to WI. How do you go about that?
Hope you are feeling better soon.
I love you!!!
Aunt Jeannie