Monday, February 9, 2009

Trip to IA

We went to Cedar Rapids, IA this weekend to visit my family. Thank you for all of the wonderful hospitality. (And by hospitality I totally mean Lemon Bars. I could have eaten the whole pan.) We had such a good time and it was so nice to see everyone. We appreciate everyone adjusting their schedules so we could see you.

I was sad that the snow was almost gone because I wanted to see Alan with blue lips after he got back from sledding. Some strange lady in line at Michael's overheard me say that and was not shy to voice her opinion. In fact her exact words were, "We're not going to keep this damn snow around any longer than we have to just so some southerner can go sledding." She sounded like she needed a little nappie-nap.

At least there was enough snow for a little snowball fight right after we got there. I won by the way. My opponent was shaking snow out of his/her clothes forever after the fight, and it still melted down the back of his/her pants. I'm not going to point fingers or name names, but you know who you are. Totally owned. I'm the winner winner chicken dinner. (Heeeheeeee. I've been waiting for a chance to say that!)

Cortland held up very well. Every day was just a little louder than the one before. The last day consisted of a cheerleading and dance competition in Iowa City. I heard Alan tell Cortland that after the noise of the 2,000+ cheerleaders and spectators in the coliseum that he's now prepared for a visit to an active volcano. Maybe a field trip for next month?

We're home now and I miss walking around on the hotel carpet that felt like rows of little sponges.

We look forward to going back for another visit soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zachary, Simon and Olivia excavating a brick looking for valuable stones. What you don't see is Alan sitting on the other side of the table. He took his turn just like the rest of them, wearing the goggles and all.


Below is Olivia who is the one who was competing in the cheerleading competition. She was very good and I'm glad we got to see her perform. I just regret that we didn't bring our camera in.

Taylor

And now for all of the holding baby photos. Corie has a few more that I hope she will email me.



Zachary thought that the sleeping Cortland needed a doggie on his shoulder for moral support.

In the hotel in St. Louis.

5 comments:

Sears on the Plains said...

Look at the big, soft, white, squishy pillows! And Cortland too...

Anonymous said...

Great pics...and by the way...
YOU WENT TO ST. LOUIS AND DIDN'T CALL ME?!?!??! YOU COULD VERY WELL HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO ME AND I COULD HAVE COME TO SEEEEEE YOUUUUUUU! Depending on which way you drove. Let me know so I can properly chew you out. :-)

Holding my Breath said...

I was close to you, Angy? Poop! That settles it, I'm going to find my Atlas so I can see where we are when traveling relative to the rest of the country. I love GPS, but it gives a very limited view.

J-Mom said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Glad Cortland did good on the trip.

Anonymous said...

i think you should post the picture of grace to show how she chilled while you were away.
the video is A D O R A B L E.