Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Can Come Back to Life!

Cats. The women in my family are cats. No one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

My 89 year old Grams had knee surgery today and came through that wonderfully. It was only after she had been in her room a bit that she coded. She stopped breathing and after they brought her back she was unresponsive to pain and wasn't waking up. She coded a second time and poof, she was all of the sudden able to answer questions by blinking and was able to make fists with both hands.

She is still on a ventilator tonight because the doctor said that with the broken ribs from the CPR a ventilator would make it more comfortable to breath. The doctor also said that she would have NEVER thought this would be the outcome. That my Grams is a crazy-strong miracle. (paraphrased)

1st my mom and now my Grams. Cats. I think I'm going to take up skydiving since I know that I will live through anything!

BTW - Alan said he was not worried. "Grams is a tough old bird and nothing can keep her down. A German tank." He loves her!

If you would like to send a card my Grams, Eileen Roehl,  she is at Pratt Regional Medical Center, 200 Commodore, Pratt, KS 67124.
This picture was taken Spring 2012 with Joycelyn and Joy. Joycelyn is the little girl my Grams babysits.
Uncle Butch and Grams 09/11
























2 comments:

Brightfield Farm said...

oh NOESSSSSS! The women in your family...i tell you what, Miss Skyerella, they take the cake. Or the tuna.
Note that you did not credit The Dog in the photo, so you should rectify that. Right now.
Scarry. I hope you are ok now.
I am off to the post office with my card right now! Hey to carol

Jacq said...

I always knew the women in your family were amazing, but super powers???! Come on.

Oh and after looking at the pic of your grandma, I realize you have her gorgeous skin. Another super power.